[Home] [Groups] - Message: [Prev in Group] [Next in Group]

nu.kanga.list.mud-dev

11628: Re: [MUD-Dev] ColdC/ColdCore

[Full Header] [Plain Text]
From: "Bruce Mitchener, Jr." <bruce@puremagic.com>
Newsgroups: nu.kanga.list.mud-dev
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 08:20:20 -0800
On November 11, 1999, Zelnar wrote:
> Anyone know of any in depth tutorials, examples and or documentation for
> ColdCore? Anyone know of any sample/example databases for ColdC? I am
> thinking
> about changing my MUD from VME to another system and ColdC looks very
> flexable
> and expandable but there seems to be a lack of docs for it at the coldc
site
> :(

I'm one of the former developers of both Genesis and ColdCore.  The
documentation is fairly poor in quantity, but depending on what you want,
there is sometimes a good bit.  The help pages for ColdCore are all
web-accessible via http://ice.cold.org/bin/help

There is also a running Cold where there are (in theory) people around who
can answer your questions.  Feel free to drop by and visit the people
there at telnet://ice.cold.org:1138

Alternatively, there are also some mailing lists.  For whatever reason,
Brandon removed the web interface for subscribing, but you can sneak
around that and go directly to majordomo.

coldstuff@cold.org gets the 'most' traffic (still fairly minimal).

> Thanks for any help.

Sorry that I couldn't be of more help.

- Bruce