[Home] [Groups] - Message: [Prev in Group] [Next in Group]

nu.kanga.list.mud-dev

24413: [MUD-Dev] portable ftpd daemon for lpmud?

[Full Header] [Plain Text]
From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@3DProgrammer.com>
Newsgroups: nu.kanga.list.mud-dev
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 21:36:47 -0700
Does anyone know of a portable ftpd daemon for lpmuds?  The guys I'm
working with have been doing a lpmud from scratch and they don't
have a FTP capability, which makes remote editing a nuisance.  A
ftpd that can be ripped out of someone else's lpmud and is intended
to be portable / fairly easy to configure would be nice.  I believe
the desired item might be something written in LPC.  Not sure about
that exactly.  At any rate, something internal to the MUD is
desired, so that the MUD can govern all the permissions and file
accesses.  These MUD admins aren't willing to provide external FTP
and UNIX shell accounts, they feel more secure doing everything from
inside the lpmud.

20% of the world is real.