[Home] [Groups] - Message: [Prev in Group] [Next in Group]

nu.kanga.list.mud-dev

24988: Re: [MUD-Dev] The importance of graphics

[Full Header] [Plain Text]
From: Matt Mihaly <the_logos@achaea.com>
Newsgroups: nu.kanga.list.mud-dev
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:57:34 +0000 (GMT)
On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 jolon@kungfudesign.com wrote:
> "Zach Collins (Siege)" <zcollins@seidata.com> wrote:

>>   How important is it to have graphics?

> IMhO: very. especially if it's text based, I think in the sea that
> text can become, it's critical to punctuate it properly.

Graphics are unimportant in text. We have none, and are quite
successful for our scale. (Well, that's not entirely true. We do
have an ascii graphic of a big smiley face that pops up in various
colors occasionally after you smoke cactus weed. It's of miniscule
importance to the game world though.)

--matt