[Home] [Groups] - Message: [Prev in Group] [Next in Group]

nu.kanga.list.mud-dev

26379: RE: [MUD-Dev] Star Wars Galaxies: 1 character per server

[Full Header] [Plain Text]
From: Lars Duening <lars@bearnip.com>
Newsgroups: nu.kanga.list.mud-dev
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 20:34:10 -0700
Marc Fielding wrote:

> SWG supposedly allows crafters to leave a "maker's mark" on their
> creations, with a bit of experience being transferred to the maker
> each time the item generates XP (e.g. a player-made blaster kills
> a monster in combat).

When I told my SO about this feature of SWG, it significantly
increased her interest in the game, as she prefers
cooperative/constructive over competetive gameplay.

> Time will tell if that is sufficient incentive. ;)

I think it's already safe to say that a feature like this is a big
step into the right direction.

--
Lars Duening; lars@bearnip.com
GPG Key: http://www.bearnip.com/lars/lars-duening.gpgkey