[Home] [Groups] - Message: [Prev in Group] [Next in Group]

nu.kanga.list.mud-dev

27978: Re: [MUD-Dev] Virtual property lawsuit in China

[Full Header] [Plain Text]
From: "Nicolai Hansen" <nic@aub.dk>
Newsgroups: nu.kanga.list.mud-dev
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 19:36:45 +0200
>From Raph Koster:

> http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_812039.html?menu=news.quirkies

> A computer gamer is taking a software firm to court after he
> suddenly lost all of his virtual weapons.

I read that yesterday, too. It's scary isn't it? But with all this
ebay trading of online characters, virtual equipment are getting
close to having a real money value. So in one way the Red Moon
company made this poor guy lose money. They can probably hide behind
an EULA though ;)

Got me thinking ;) It was on this list there was some debate about
taxation of online values, wasn't it?

/Nic