[Home] [Groups] - Message: [Prev in Group] [Next in Group]

nu.kanga.list.mud-dev

7291: [MUD-Dev] Re: META: who are we?

[Full Header] [Plain Text]
From: Richard Woolcock <KaVir@dial.pipex.com>
Newsgroups: nu.kanga.list.mud-dev
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 23:42:05 -0700
Koster, Raph wrote:

> I am somewhat curious, because I know that there are a lot of people on
> the list who just listen but do not post much. I was wondering about
> those people, and what they are interested in seeing on the list.

I used to post quite frequently, but now I just browse (unless something
really catches my attention).  Many of the topics I have interests in
have been brought up already, and - as Mr Lawrence states in his post -
the number of technical posts are definitely declining.

> How many of you are from a Diku background, like me?

There are a few of us.

> And might be interested in stuff that is codebase specific? How many
> find that stuff anathema and think it should be avoided at all costs?

It is difficult to define codebase-specific unless the mud in question
is very stock.  I prefer the list to be codebase-independant.

> How many think the list is too theoretical, or feel intimidated by the
> frequent posters and by the volume of past history and discussions that
> seems to be requied knowledge in order to participate?

I just wish we could open a few more technical discussions.  I'd be happy
to discuss aspects of my coding designs, but most of the implementations
in question have been discussed by various posters already.

KaVir.